Claiming ISS payment through QikKids
QikKids has incorporated the management of IS cases within the software in accordance with CCSS required changes. The changes allow services to manage claims of ISS through the CCSS interface.
Importantly, the process of applying for this funding is not a part of the CCSS requirements and services should seek advice from the appropriate body for assistance with this.
QikKids becomes involved AFTER a service has received a Case ID from the appropriate body.
As a result, this guide assumes that you have the Case ID number prior to looking to enter data into QikKids.
IS Case Management Summary
Below is a very high level overview of managing an IS case which is further detailed in the guide.
- The centre receives authorisation for Inclusion Support Funding (ISF). Please see CCSS Fact Sheet on this process.
- Enable ISS module against your centre in QikKids
- The centre creates a CCSS enrolment (if one does not already exist) and provides the CCSS Enrolment ID to their Government IS provider.
- Once the Government has linked the IS case to the enrolment ID, the centre will be able to recover the IS case information via the CCSS Operations>CCMS>IS Cases
- The user would then create an IS booking similar to the current booking system via the ISS/FSF tab on the account to manage the case. This will have the days and times of the expected IS hours for each week. Note you can come back and modify this booking pattern at a later date if required.
- Once the child has attended the user would then charge and mark the rolls as normal for the child however for IS cases they would review the ISS tab located at the bottom of the rolls screen and adjust these hours you plan to claim for this week if required.
- Once the hours for the week have been confirmed, including any NON F2F hours, the service would look to Processing all case details in the IS Case Claims screen and then submit the IS case to CCSS for payment via the CCSS Operations screen.
- Add any separate Ad Hoc claims would be done directly into the IS Case Claim screen and processed.
- Payment of the IS funding would then be made as normal via the CCSS Operations interface (select the IS Cases box to send these claims) and payments would appear on the Remittance advice reports. Note payments are NOT made to parent accounts, they are made to the service.