The QikKids project guide is designed to provide clients with a project plan for implementing QikKids into an existing centre. As your previous software program is unable to communicate with QikKids directly, your current data is actually migrated from CCMS/CCSS into QikKids. This guide assists you to extend on these limitations. This should be used as a guide only and not as the only way of implementation however the guide provides some logical steps to implement and some things to consider outside of the actual product when rolling out the service.
Creation of realistic project plan
Look at a possible time line based on your availability to set up and implement this project plan. As the centre is already operational, the rollover to QikKids will need to be swift. A typical plan may be:
- Step 1: Product Activation, Centre set up and Admin user setup
- Step 2: Attend basic training and Create all users
- Step 3: Manage accounts
- Step 4: Further training and Ongoing Support
Phase 1 – Setting the platform
This is the first obvious step to gain access to the product and have a think about the time line to launch.
Product ordering, service activation and user setup
- Order via QK website. This application will be forwarded to the QikKids Sales team. A migration date will be agreed upon and booked.
- Activation of QikKids. The QikKids Migration team will import your CCMS/CCSS data into the QikKids program.
- Issuing of the QK Web credentials via client Welcome email. The Primary Contact/s will be sent the web credentials once the migration is complete.
- Download installer onto computer and make initial connection. Follow instructions on the welcome email to install the program on Windows or Mac machines
- Billing. The Primary Contact/s will receive an invoice for the establishment fee, annual support and QikKids Payments (where relevant)
Information imported from CCMS/CCSS to your new QikKids database
- CCMS/CCSS Enrolments
- Primary Contact name, DOB and CRN
- Child/ren name, DOB and CRN
- Attendance history
- ISS case/s
- CCMS/CCSS Personnel data
Useful information to collect from your existing software
As your current data is migrated from CCMS/CCSS there will be some manual data entry required by you to complete the data transfer. The following reports will ensure you have the correct information needed for this process.
You should cease using your existing software program by close of business the Friday prior to the migration. Any changes made in your existing software the week of the migration will not be included in the data transfer
- Balance report after the last retrieval prior to migrating
- A report detailing child and/or parent DOB. Accounts with an Informal CCMS Enrolment/CCS enrolments missing CRN OR DOB will show in QikKids after the migration only as a CCMS/CCSS ID. You will need to match the parent and/or child DOB to allocate the account to the correct child and family. Best practice is to formalise all accounts in your current software prior to the migration.
- Sign In and Out sheets for the week of the migration
- Contact Details report
- Current fee schedules
- Current booking information
Phase 2 - Onboarding
As a new client of QK Technologies you are offered free one-on-one onboarding sessions through the sales process. Our friendly team will contact you to book in a convenient time. During the onboarding process the centre details including fee structures and rolls are created and the centre is connected to CCSS.
Further steps required by the service:
Manage Family Accounts
- Create bookings for each child
- Ensure all contact details are entered
- Use the money button to enter credit and debt balances
- Become familiar with the other tabs linked to each account, in particular:
The Administrator may create user logins for all users. Users may be linked to one or multiple centres. Permissions may vary according to position and user groups may be created.
Phase 3 - Training
Training is essential in ensuring you are using QikKids to it's full potential. There are many training options available which you can access below
Training - Basic
The Administrator should consider booking staff into upcoming 'QikKids (Basic) Training' sessions. This is training that will assist in the day to day running of the system covering such topics as:
- Creating, printing and emailing statements
- Charging and marking attendances
- Quick mark buttons
- Adding casual attendances
- Printing sign I/O sheets
- Submitting attendances to CCSS
- Reports (common reports and saving favourites)
Training - Specialised
The QikKids Training Hub assists users with more than just basic training:
- CCSS Training will assist with understanding CCSS Management of QikKids.
- Once familiar with the system QikKids Tip and Tricks will help to streamline how you use QikKids.
- ISS Training will assist any centre that provides Inclusion Support
- Gateway Training is a must for those centres using the QikKids Payments option
Phase 4 – Ongoing Support
Online Documentation and Video Tutorials
If you have any further queries please reach out to our Customer Experience Team on 1300 367 770 between 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday (QLD TIME) or email email@example.com