Viewing your child's online portfolio (parent guide)
Accessing your child's portfolio online
Viewing a child's portfolio via My Family Lounge (parent view)
Viewing a Room Journal (daily journal)
Viewing a Child Observation/Room Observation
What can I access via My family Lounge App?
NOTE: The Guardian will always have access to the child's portfolio from the My Family Lounge portal.
Locate the My Family Lounge Parent Sign In section on your childcare centre's website
Sign in to your My Family Lounge account
Check the information screen for new options, help guides and other ideas. Press Close
If your service has Enrol and Journeys and you are in the Enrol page, Select Journal at the top of the page.
If your child has attended multiple service subscribed to My Family Lounge you can also select which services records you want to view.
2. Viewing a child's portfolio via My Family Lounge (parent view)
You can select a particular child by selecting "My Children"
You will then be able to view all children linked to this Account.
You are also able to view Children with Active Journals on the main Journals page.
- Select the Journals option
- View the Children with Active Journals
To select only 1 child's Portfolio select the child's name from the drop down menu.
Each Child Portfolio consists of the following:
- Room: This is the name of the selected room you are currently viewing for the child.
- DOB: Date of birth
- Observations: The total number of observations the centre has created for your child.
- View Program Journals: View the Program Journals (Daily Reflections) associated with your child’s room.
- View Portfolio: View your child’s portfolio - you will also be able to see your child’s Goals, Observations and Photo Gallery.
- Viewing Observations - Two buttons are visible
- Child Observation: Click this button to view your child’s Observations. Once the list of Observations has appeared in the box below, select an Observation title to see all the details.
- Room Observation: Click this button to view general Observations relating to your child’s room. Once the list of Observations has appeared in the box below, select an Observation title to see all the details.
3. Viewing a Room Journal (daily journal)
On the Home Page for Journals you can select Show Daily Journals only from the drop down menu, you will be able to see Planned Experiences, Routines, Spontaneous Activities and Curriculum Areas associated with your child’s room.
The Educators will create room Journals, otherwise known as Daily Journals on what happened in your child’s room that day in relation to the learning program. Read what happened, the Educators reflection and what the intentional teaching was. You will also be able to view any Program Journals that were created in the past.
4. Viewing a Child Observation/Room Observation
View a brief description of your child’s observation. For example, Beck struggled to climb the Jungle Gym, but she kept trying and eventually got the chocolate egg on the top. Additionally, read comments by the Educators around Reflection and Intentional Teaching.
On the Home Page for Journals you can select Show Daily Journals only from the drop down menu.
You can then select the Observation to view.
The My Family Lounge App - is only accessible using a parent login. The parent can only view the room journals (daily reflections), child observations and image gallery.